Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The restless nest


Ariana, 20, Perth
 

 'Nest' by Jessica Jubb,  Perth

It is back to school today for West Australian kids. The official start of the new year, and one that sees me with only the girlchild left in the nest. The Boys delay and delay the official holiday end. They are home birds both and I will miss the constant hum of song and activity here. 
I am also ready to find my way with time again. The rhythm of work in relation to sleep patterns and school pick-ups and studio space. The order of things. A deliberate choreography. 

I pick up the irregular feathers that fall from their backs as they leave and stick them onto my fingers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your BIG thoughts and really appreciate your comments, thank you!

Search This Blog